As of October 2014, Gangnam Style, a Korean music video, is the most viewed video on YouTube, clocking up more than Two Billion views. My eyes start watering if I even try to imagine just how much revenue that video has generated for the artist. Now, I am sure we all agree that none of our internet marketing videos are going to enjoy the same level of success, but you can certainly use them to increase traffic and sales quite dramatically.
One of the best things about using YouTube for internet marketing is the fact that you can rank YouTube videos fast, even in highly competitive keyword verticals. Also, YouTube videos rank like clockwork, and it is quite often possible to have a favorable ranking in the space of a few days.
Getting Your YouTube Videos to Rank
As with all aspects of internet marketing and SEO, your success with YouTube videos is going to depend almost entirely on quality. If you want to find out more about quality video creation and how it can benefit your blog or website, you can do so by visiting this webpage here.
Rather than me trying to cover all aspects of video marketing, I am only going to talk about three crucial factors which you will need to focus on for your YouTube campaign. All three factors play a crucial role with regards to your videos being ranked. If you get these three things right, the results can actually be incredible, so here is what you need to do:
Strive for the Best Possible Click-Through Rate
The first thing to remember is that YouTube and Google use different algorithms for their ranking systems. With YouTube, click-through ratio has a massive impact in video ranking, so if you can secure a high click-through ratio, your video it going to get a good ranking. The good news is that it is actually easy to get a good click-through ratio.
There are only two things you need to do in order to get people to click-through:
- You need to give your video a really compelling title. It needs to be irresistible, but it should also let viewers know what the video is about.
- You also need a very catchy thumbnail for your videos. When people do a search on YouTube, they tend to scan the thumbnail images even before they read the title.
If you need ideas for choosing great looking thumbnails, I would recommend doing a YouTube search using the keyword phrase you want to rank for. Now you can simply browse the results and see which sort of thumbnails catch your attention the most, and then set that as your standard.
Duration and Bounce Rate
Okay, so you’ve come up with a real “Knock Out” title and a totally awesome thumbnail. Viewers simply cannot resist clicking on your video, so you have obviously done something right. Now you just have to hope they are actually going to watch your video from beginning to end, or at least more than 50% of it.
If viewers are clicking on your video and then leaving soon afterwards, the YouTube system is going to quite understandably assume that viewers don’t find your video helpful or interesting. If this happens too often, your video is NOT going to rank in the search results. A high bounce rate is typically caused by three things:
- 1. The biggest reason for a high bounce rate is poor quality content. First and foremost, your video must DELIVER on the promise you have made in your title. It should also be visually appealing and of course, as informative as possible. Last but not least, it needs to portray a high degree of professionalism.
- 2. The second biggest cause of a high bounce rate is the duration of your videos. If a person clicks on a video title that promises to show them 3 fail proof steps for increasing domain authority, they don’t want to watch a 90 minute feature film. Leave film making to the professionals in Hollywood. If you want to rank YouTube videos fast you need to keep your video short and sweet. Ideally, the duration of your video should be no more than around 5-8 minutes. But, at the same time, please ensure that your videos are more than three minutes as videos that are less than three minutes in length are difficult to rank.
- 3. A misleading title and/or thumbnail will for the most part cause viewers to click away from your video almost instantly once they realize they have been duped.
Sharing Videos on Social Media Sites
Sharing your videos on social media sites is one of the best ways to get more people to view your video, and of course, the more times your video is viewed, the higher it is going to rank. You can also buy “shares” on sites like Fiverr, and many people have reported seeing positive results. Personally, I wouldn’t do it, but of course it is your choice.
Subscribe To Get 30% Discount!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team. Also get:
- 30% discount on your first order
- Get comprehensive technical, backlinks & SEO analysis for your blog!